Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Lori Whitlock Creative Team Tutorial - Changing a file to fit the Season

Hi everyone - today I am here to share with you a simple tutorial on how to utilize your cut files to fit any season!


 Some of the files that I have downloaded come with specific accents that fit a certain occasion.  For instance I bought these 2 files to use for some Valentines Day projects I had in mind back in February - but with a simple switch of the accents - you can use files that are supposed to be used for a certain holiday any time of the year.
 
Let me show you how I did these-
First the tall gable box-
I opened up the box and found a leaf shape that I liked that I wanted to substitute.
 I ungrouped the file and separated the heart from the box. I resized the leaf to be about the same size as the heart. I then placed the leaf in the center of the box and then grouped the box and the leaf shape all together.
 Here is the box with the leaf shape in the center instead of the heart. Just right for a little box of fall treats to give to a friend.

The steps are the same with this cute box. The original box had 3 hearts on the lid. I used the same leaf shape.
 Ungroup the hearts from the box, resize the leaf to be the same size as the hearts
 Add the leaf shapes to the box and then group the leaf shapes to the box. Cut out as normal.
Here are the files that I used to make these projects:
 -Tall Heart Gable Box (LW Shop) (Silhouette)
-No Glue Box Hearts (LW Shop) (Silhouette)
-3 Fall Leaf Set (LW Shop) (Silhouette)

That's all there is to it! I hope that I have inspired you to stretch your cut files to fit any occasion. The Silhouette machine makes it so easy to customize your cut files. One of the reasons I love my Silhouette so much - I can make it fit to whatever I want to design with a few simple modifications. Thanks for stopping by! Happy Crafting!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this ! I had no idea I could do this either .Yaaaay
Thanks for sharing Tya Smith

Anonymous said...

Love this ! I had no idea I could do this either .Yaaaay
Thanks for sharing Tya Smith