Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Doodlebug Design October 31st Collection - Duo Pocket Treat Holder Tutorial

Hi there Doodlebug fans - I am here up on my blog today to share with you my October 31st Collection project. Can I just say - I LOVE Halloween! It really is one of my favorite holidays! One of the best things of course is being allowed to eat lots and lots of candy! So today I am sharing with you a little tutorial on how to make a cute little bag with 2 pockets you can fill up with treats! 

These little guys are so quick and easy to make and take no glue - its just a little scoring and folding! These would be great for classroom treats or Halloween party favors! Let me show you really quick how I did these -
1- Take an 8x8 inch piece of paper. Lay it on your scoring board and score right down the middle at  the 6    inch mark. Then score at 5 1/2 and 6 1/2.
2- Rotate your square a quarter turn to the next 2 points. Score at 4 and at 8.
3- Fold the 2 sides in. They will overlap.
4-Fold the paper over on the center score mark - the pockets will be on the inside.
5-Now fold the top flap up on the top score mark.
6- Fold the other side on the other score mark.
7 - This is what the pocket will look like once you have folded on all the score marks.
8 - Punch a hole in the top.

So easy and so fun right?
Here are few of the ones that I made. I used lots of pattern papers from the October 31st collection. I also used some stickers from the Icon Sticker sheet and some glitter sprinkles. For the tags I used a 1 1/2 inch scallop punch and a 1 1/4 inch circle punch .I used some Happy Halloween Doodles for the tags. The bag is topped off with some cute ribbon and the brand new Doodlebug Chunky Twine!

Hopefully I have inspired you to make a few of these for your special little trick or treaters! Candy always tastes better when it comes in a cute package right? Happy crafting everyone!

No comments: