Pages

Monday, September 14, 2015

Doodlebug Design Fall Friends Collection - Gift Set

Hello Doodlebug friends - today I am here to share with you my project using the adorable new Fall Friends line. It is such a fun and festive line and after creating this project I am SOO ready for fall to be here!

 So the first true sign of fall to me is when all the fall scented products start coming out. I stopped by my local Bath and Body Works and picked up a few fall scented soaps and decided to give some away to my cute sister in law who just bought a new house.




I wanted to put the soaps in a cute little carrier so I hunted a file down to use with my Silhouette Cameo that would work. I found this 3D Two Handled Drink Carrier and the soaps fit perfectly. I followed the instructions on this blog Bits of Paper by designer Jamie Lane. It was so quick and easy and I love how it turned out.
 Here are a few close ups:
 I used some Doodlebug Textured cardstock for the box base, a sheet of pattern paper for the front and I cut out one of the 4x4 squares from another one of the papers and added this to the box front. I added a cute little bunny, a pumpkin , leaf and an acorn sticker from the icon sticker sheets for some added fun. I mounted the Fall title on a piece of orange cardstock. I also added a  red scallop sticker border from the Fancy Frills sheet along the top and bottom of the box front.
Using some green cardstock, I cut two little tags and then added a few other stickers and glitter sprinkles to the tags. I tied the tags to the soaps with some twine for a little rustic feel. 
So that's all there is too it! I love giving gifts and when I use my Doodlebug products I know that my recipient can't help but love them! Hopefully I have inspired you to create a fun fall gift for a special someone in your life. Happy crafting! 

No comments: