Pages

Friday, July 18, 2014

Cutting Doodlebug's Sugar Coated Cardstock with the Silhouette Cameo

 Hello Doodlebug fans! I am here today to give you a quick tutorial on how to cut Doodlebug's amazing Sugar Coated cardstock with the Silhouette Cameo. If you don't already know - I LOVE using my Silhouette Cameo to make all sorts of projects so it is always really important to me that the paper I use is compatible and easy to use with my Cameo machine - and let me tell you - Doodlebug's Sugar Coated cardstock cuts BEAUTIFULLY!  I decided to make a few of these fun purse themed projects and to give you a couple of tips on just how easy it is to use the Sugar Coated cardstock with your machine - so here we go!

 


First off - pick the shapes you want to use - I used the following shapes to make my projects-

Now here's a sneaky little tip - While I love using my Silhouette mat to cut normal papers - I like to use my heavier Cricut mat when I cut heavier papers such as the Sugar Coated cardstock - it loads just fine into the Cameo :) I like to use a fairly new sticky mat so there will be no shifting going on.

Now - Go to your Silhouette cut settings and find the one that says glitter cardstock. Also make sure that you have the speed set super low - I use a 2 or 3 and that the Double Cut box is checked.

 Now adjust your blade to 8 - this is the setting I have always used and it cuts great without cutting through my Cricut mat (can't say the same for my poor Silhouette mat - lol! )

Now go ahead and make your cut - and before I take my shape off the mat, I always lift one corner off of the sides of my paper up just to make sure that it cut all the way through.
 So those are my few handy tips on cutting this fun paper - here's a few close ups of my projects - The Sugar Coated cardstock folds and layers beautifully and was so fun to work with! Hopefully with my tips you will find some fun shapes on the Silhouette to use with this cute glittered paper!



Thank you for stopping by - have fun!

2 comments:

Helen Gullett said...

Tya, these are beautiful! Love how you use those sugar coated glitter cardstock with the Silhouette. A great reminder to double cut it :) I often forgot and had to cut again with scissors hahaha...

SherriB said...

Love these and I looooove the sugar coated glitter cardstock! What font did you use? It is so pretty!